Technology is advancing, advancing at quite a fast pace, that looks joyful and happy as it brings happiness now in pretty easy way. But it may be bad, stupid, irritating and even devastating at times. And now when every kid is playing with his own personal cell phone, things are taking an entirely different shape which can be both good and bad.
Have you ever thought how much technology should your kid be made available to use? What your kid actually does with the smartphone? How exactly does he utilize the technology you provide him with? Well, the usage can be both appreciable and inappreciable but as a parent, it is all up to you how you make every single use of the present day’s technology appreciable.
You don’t have to snatch away your kid’s cell phone, nor have to be overly strict remember you too might be using your cell phone a lot. When you are lost in your world of cell phone calling and texting, why won’t a kid be spending his time in multiplayer online games and chatting over the social networking sites through the cell phone?
But as a family, you got to live like a unit, where you all have spared some time for each other, a special time when you don’t keep texting, chatting, emailing, or even making and receiving calls on your mobile. Here are some parenting tips for making your child use technology the best way and stop him from hazardous activities.
1. Set a special time when the entire family is together and nobody uses cellphones. It should be a time for family interaction and no individual activities. Ban the cell phone usage during this time. It can be morning breakfast, or evening supper.
2. You surely can’t snatch away your kid’s mobile phone that will be rude and will have a wrong impact. Better indulge in what your child is indulging in. Don’t you have your cell phone? Once in a while send text messages to your child: a funny joke, an important piece of information, or just to say hello. Surely, your child will love it.
3. Your kid spends a lot of time playing online games? The ones on social sites like Facebook or just any other of them? You too give them a try. Play online games with your kids – they’ll be using their cell phone and you’ll be using yours! Hey, what a fun!!
4. Don’t hide security risks from your child. Some parents keep scolding their kids for mobile overuse or befriending strangers online without telling them about the reason behind them. This doesn’t work much rather turn the kids into rigid obstinate beings. Better discuss things coolly. Best would be when you show them real examples. But neither be too harsh nor too pampering.
5. Monitor your child’s mobile phone. It is essential. You need to know all that your child does on the phone. Install child mobile parental control on your child’ cell phone and monitor all his moves closely, know whom he is talking to, what sites he is visiting and what kind of things he is sharing through chatting, texting, and emails. Using parental control software will even let you restrict your child’s cell phone activities and so you can time bound your child’s cell phone usage.
These simply tips will keep your child safe and your relation always full of love, trust and mutual confidence. You’ll find your child entrusting all kinds of things upon you!